The cult of the luxury brand : Inside Asia's love affair with luxurly/ by Radha chadha and paul husband.Material type: TextPublisher: London: Nicholas Brealey International, 2006Description: 314pISBN: 9781904838050Subject(s): Asia- -- Luxuries--Social aspects | Branding (Marketing)DDC classification: 658.827095
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Book||Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam On Display||658.827095 CHA (Browse shelf)||Available||C00386|
Introduction : wear your success --
1. A love affair with luxe --
2. Finding meaning in an LV bag --
3. Japan : an insatiable Yen --
4. Hong Kong and Taiwan : Yin and Yang --
5. China : from Mao suits to Armani --
6. South Korea : indebted to luxury --
7. Single-season sisters : Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines --
8. India : the next China? --
9. How the cult is created --
10. Advent of the genuine fakes --
11. The future of luxury.
''The Cult of the Luxury Brand'' is the first book to explore how and why an amazing ''luxeplosion'' is rocking Asia, sweeping up not just the glitzy upper crust, but secretaries toting their Burberry bags, junior executives sporting Rolex watches, and university students in Ferragamo shoes. Hong Kong boasts more Gucci and Hermes stores than New York or Paris. China's luxury market is growing with such gusto that it will single-handedly be the biggest by 2014. Even India, the new kid on the luxury block, has three-month waiting lists for hot items, while in Tokyo, the epicenter of the cult, 94.